5.12.2011

Lime Cilantro Rice

I LOVE Chipotle's Lime Rice, so I attempted to try it, It turned out okay!  Macey LOVED it, and I liked it okay, I think it needed more lime, but here is the recipe...and of course I got it from All Recipes!

Lime Cilantro Rice

2 cups water
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup long-grain white rice
1 teaspoon lime zest
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/2 cup chopped cilantro

Directions:
1.  Bring the water to a boil (I cooked mine in my rice cooker) stir the butter and rice into the water.  Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until the rice is tender, about 20 minutes..
  
2.  Stir in the lime zest, lime juice, and cilantro into the cooked rice just before serving..

NOW THIS IS WHAT I DID....I cooked the rice in my rice cooker then added the butter, lime zest, lime juice, and cilantro and stirred it all together...It worked out great!

Hope you like it!  I wish it had more lime..but that is just me..

No comments:

Post a Comment