4.07.2011

Asparagus, Chicken, and Pecan Pasta

My family LOVES Asparagus, and Chicken, so when I found this recipe I was super excited!  I got it off of allrecipies.com (which is where I find most of my recipes!)  I have a very picky eater, but even she LOVES this!  Good luck if you try it!

Prep Time:  30 minutes
Cook Time:  20 minutes
Ready in:  50 minutes
Servings:  6 (although I think it's a little more)

Ingredients:
1 (16 OZ) package penne pasta
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 red bell pepper, chopped
2 bunches asparagus trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
1 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
salt to taste
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3 Tablespoons butter
1 pound grilled chicken breast strips
(I grill my chicken on my little George Foreman Grill...it truly tastes better if it's grilled)
1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup pecan halves (optional)

Directions:
1.  Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.  Add penne pasta and cook until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes; drain.

2.  Heat the olive oil in a dutch oven or large pot over medium heat.  Stir in the garlic, red pepper, and asparagus; cook and stir 5 minutes until the garlic softens and mellows.  Pour in the chicken broth, and bring to a boil oer medium-high heat.  Simmer until the vegetables have softened, then add the basil, salt, pepper, butter, and chicken.  Cook and stir a few minutes until the chicken is hot.  Stir in the cooked pasta, then fold in the Parmesan cheese and pecan halves to serve.

I hope I got it all in there right!  Good luck!  Thanks for doing this Aubrie..!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. OOOO! This looks so yummy, Bec! I'm excited to make it!

    ReplyDelete